1. Assist with design, construction, installation, and project management of new facilities (broadcast, I.T., telephone, leasehold) and train operational staff on new technology.
2. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair to card/component level of faulty audio, video and data processing equipment
3. Installation, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of analog and digital video, audio, and control infrastructure including all areas of production, studio, field operation, RF, fiber, satellite antenna system, NRCS, broadcast automation, etc.
4. Create and maintain documentation related to broadcast and I.T system design, specifications, drawings, and service records.
5. Conduct research into systems issues for troubleshooting and equipment for purchase evaluation.
6. Assist with incoming feeds to ensure video and audio quality, troubleshooting and repairing issues as they occur.
7. Support and maintenance of LAN/WAN infrastructure (desktops, printers, photocopiers, phones, servers, switches, security).
8. Perform any necessary switching or patching and take emergency corrective action to prevent/minimize on air television signal interruption and I.T. network downtime.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED):
1. Superior organizational skills; detail oriented; problem solver with demonstrated good judgment; ability to work independently to exacting standards under high stress situations.
2. Post-secondary education in electronics, electrical or computer engineering, or related discipline.
3. A minimum of 5 years experience maintaining a broadcast television or network operations facility.
4. Advanced technical knowledge of analog, serial digital and high definition broadcast equipment including video servers, routers, switchers, VTRs, signal processing, test and measurement tools, and broadcast automation systems preferred.
5. Familiar with live streaming protocols and video formats including wmv, flash, quicktime, and mpeg.
6. Proficient in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); CAD experience a plus.
7. Ability to communicate technical information clearly and professionally, with a variety of internal and external clients including suppliers, contractors, co-workers and senior management.
8. Required to work evenings as well as occasional overtime, weekends and on call availability.
9. Bilingualism (French/English) preferred.
INTERESTED APPLICATIONS SHOULD SEND A RESUME TO:
1750-45 OConnor Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Attention: Patricia Hutton, Human Resources
Fax: (613) 567-2741