TORONTO - Beginning Saturday, Bell ExpressVu customers will have access to an exclusive interactive TV service which will offer Hockey Night In Canada viewers on-demand game statistics, alternate camera angles and continuous highlights, among other interactive features.
Bell ExpressVu, CBC Sports and the NHL today announced the launch of Hockey Night In Canada Plus, the first interactive television service of its kind for hockey fans.
The new service (available across Canada on channel 276 exclusively to Bell ExpressVu subscribers with interactive receivers) offers alternate camera angles and video feeds and will for the duration of the 2003 '04 NHL season on HNIC Saturday night telecasts - for the complete double-header. This Saturday's games, Montreal vs. Toronto at 7 p.m. and Vancouver vs. Edmonton at 10 p.m. will both have the additional functionality.
The features include:
* Alternate-Cam - Check out an alternate camera angle with a rink-wide view and action from around the net.
* Player-Cam - Follow isolated coverage of key players.
* "Second Look" Cam - A 45-second delay to view the play one more time.
* Highlights - Watch continuous highlights from the game.
* Stats - View up-to-the-minute in-game statistics, team information and game notes.
* Menu - Watch the game on the main screen, together with all the other alternative video feeds and camera angles.
"Adding unique interactive functionality to the TV viewing experience allows fans at home to experience the game like never before," said Joel Darling, executive producer of Hockey Night in Canada.
ExpressVu customers with either a 3100, 5100 or 5800 interactive receiver simply use their remote control to access the additional features.
A free preview period for the service will include games on Dec. 20 and 27, and Jan. 3 and 10; after which time Hockey Night In Canada Plus will be presented as a subscription offering and on a pay-per-view basis.
Pricing will be as follows:
* $4.99 per game during the regular season
* $7.99 per game during the playoffs
* $29.99 until the end of the regular season (32 games, including 4 free previews)
* $109.99 for all remaining regular season and playoffs games if purchased before March 1 2004.
* $129.99 for all playoff games
Back to headlines
Hockey Night In Canada Plus. Click to enlarge.