BBM Analytics is delighted to announce a new agreement with CBC/Radio-Canada for the sale and marketing of communications research. Effective October 1, 2006, BBM Analytics assumes the role of official sales and marketing partner for CBC/Radio Canada’s Media Technology Monitor (MTM) and other value-added research products.
CBC/Radio-Canada’s MTM is a comprehensive and authoritative study conducted annually that focuses on the usage of new technologies in broadcasting. With a national sample of over 12,000 respondents, and response rates exceeding 40%, MTM is the single largest qualitative survey available in Canada, providing reliable and accurate insights into a wide range of communication technologies, including:
* Market share and satisfaction with cable, satellite, wireless, and IPTV
* Analogue subscribers’ intention to subscribe to digital television and reasons for not upgrading
* Incidence and use of on-demand video technologies, including VOD, PVRs, DVD Recorders, video streaming and watching video content on portable devices such as MP3 Players, cell phones and PSPs
* HDTV set and receiver ownership, reasons for not having a HD receiver and future demand for HDTV
* Incidence and use of on-demand audio technologies, including satellite radio, Internet radio, music and podcast downloading and listening to audio content on portable devices such as MP3 Players and cell phones
* Broadband incidence, reasons for not upgrading to broadband and future demand for broadband
* Incidence of “bundled” communication services
* Home computer networks and incidence and demand for VOIP
“We’re very excited to have been chosen by CBC/Radio Canada to be their sales and marketing partner for these products,” said David Phillips, Vice President of BBM Analytics. “It’s a great opportunity for both companies, and we’re looking forward to increasing the exposure of MTM and the other value-added products in the portfolio and demonstrating their significant business value.”
“BBM Analytics is the leader in ratings data analysis,” said Steven Guiton, CBC/Radio-Canada’s Executive Director for Strategy and Government Relations. “The national public broadcaster is extremely pleased to be able to work with BBM Analytics and their extensive client network to help expand the subscriber base for our MTM.”
BBM Analytics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BBM Canada, which offers a portfolio of powerful software solutions providing critical insights into the impacts of broadcast content and consumer behaviours. Its market research division specializes in media research; advertising effectiveness; research for financial institutions; public opinion polling, and consumer research.