Shaw Media announced an impressive list of sponsors for the inaugural season of Big Brother Canada. In addition to the $100,000 grand prize, official series sponsors The Brick and Chevrolet are upping the stakes for houseguests by providing a $25,000 gift card to The Brick and an all new 2013 Chevrolet Trax to the winner of Big Brother Canada. Ramada Worldwide is also on board as sponsor of the 24-hour live feed. Big Brother Canada premieres February 27th on Slice.
The US version of Endemol’s international hit format, Big Brother, has been a top performing series throughout its past 14 seasons on Global. Canadian viewers have a strong appetite for this franchise and Shaw Media is excited to launch the all Canadian edition to the format’s abundant, loyal and growing Canadian fan base. The innovative sponsorship agreements developed with The Brick, Chevrolet and Ramada Worldwide offer all parties the opportunity to reach an expansive audience in-show, on-air, in-store and online.
As the official furnisher of Big Brother Canada, The Brick is supplying over 200 items, valued at over $170,000, for the Big Brother Canada house, including: furniture, mattresses, appliances, home electronics, including all furnishings in the legendary HOH room. Additional sponsorship elements include:
• A $25,000 gift card for the winner of Big Brother Canada to spend in-store.
• Various Brick locations offering in-store products inspired by those seen in the Big Brother Canada house.
• A national contest sponsored by The Brick, offering fans the chance to win their own HOH inspired room and an all-expenses paid trip to the Big Brother Canada live finale. The Brick Ultimate HOH Contest will be accessible via bigbrothercanada.ca with an additional entry component in-store at various Brick locations.
• Promotion of Big Brother Canada in-store, in a series of nationally distributed flyers, on their website and via social media outlets – all contributing to a total of over 46,000,000 impressions.
• Recognition in all 29 episodes through in show series prize sequences, bumpers, billboards, product integration, and in tagged promos on SliceTM throughout run of series and across all Specialty channels the week of launch.
Chevrolet is also on board as official prizing partner and series sponsor of Big Brother Canada. The winner of Big Brother Canada will receive an all-new Chevrolet Trax. Additional unique elements of their partnership include:
• A national finale contest sponsored by Chevrolet will be available to fans via bigbrothercanada.ca. Viewers will have the chance to enter to win an all-expenses paid trip to the Big Brother Canada live finale episode.
• Connecting consumers with the brand through seamless integrations, online presence and network association.
Big Brother Canada also welcomes Ramada Worldwide as the official sponsor of the digital 24-hour live feed. Ramada Worldwide will receive significant brand visibility online and on-air through this wide reaching partnership. An exciting and diverse range of challenge specific sponsors will continue to be revealed throughout the series.
Similar to the US format, Big Brother Canada will hand pick a diverse group of contestants to live in the Big Brother house outfitted wall to wall with cameras and microphones to capture all the action. Week to week the house guests compete in a series of challenges and vote each other out until one claims victory and takes home the grand prize.