From the 100th Grey Cup to the NHL lockout, and all the golden storylines from London 2012, it’s been another year of captivating headlines in sports. TSN today announced its annual list of the Top 10 sports stories of the year as chosen by a panel of commentators, reporters and producers from Canada’s Sports Leader. TSN will count down the Top 10 stories of 2012 during Sportscentre: Year in Review on Monday, Dec. 24.
Leading up to the annual year-end special, Sportscentre will air a series of special reports that look back at each of the Top 10 stories. Each day, TSN reporters and analysts who covered the events as they happened will offer their personal reflections on the stories. The daily reports begin Friday, Dec. 14 on all editions of Sportscentre.
TSN’s Top 10 sports stories of 2012 (in no set order):
· The Los Angeles Kings win the team’s first Stanley Cup in 45 years
· Peyton Manning overcomes a severe injury and joins the Denver Broncos after 14 years with the Indianapolis Colts
· LeBron James is finally crowned a champion as the Miami Heat win the NBA Finals
· The Toronto Argonauts win the historic 100th GREY CUP in front of a home crowd
· Eli Manning leads the New York Giants to a second Super Bowl victory in four years
· Canada’s women’s soccer team wins bronze after a heartbreaking semifinal loss
· The NHL lockout threatens to put the 2012-13 season on ice
· Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt silence critics with their golden performances at London 2012
· Lance Armstrong is stripped of his seven Tour de France titles following a doping scandal
· Spain’s men’s soccer team becomes the first team to win three major tournaments in a row
A holiday tradition on TSN, the 60-minute Sportscentre: Year in Review is hosted by Darren Dutchyshen and Jennifer Hedger. Along with counting down the Top 10 stories of 2012, the year-end show also unveils the year’s Top 10 highlights, lowlights, and sound bites, as well as a special edition of the Ultimate SC. Dutchyshen and Hedger will tee up the Top 10 stories of the year in a one-hour live chat with fans tomorrow.
TSN.ca complements Sportscentre: Year In Review with feature articles written by TSN personalities who covered the Top 10 stories. Beginning tomorrow, TSN personalities will also join TSN Radio and TEAM Radio stations across the country to recap the stories for fans. Leading up to the Christmas Eve special, fans can discuss and debate the Top 10 stories of 2012 on TSN’s official Facebook page and on Twitter.