RTNDA recognizes B.C.'s best
Penticton, B.C. - Close to a dozen coveted awards have been handed out to mark the best in broadcast journalism in British Columbia in 2000.
The awards were presented Friday night by the Radio-Television News Directors Association of Canada at the RTNDA's annual B.C. regional convention in Penticton.
And the winners are:
- BCTV has won the Charlie Edwards Award for spot news reporting for "Revelstoke Bus Crash."
- The Dan McArthur Award for in-depth or investigative reporting has been presented to VTV Vancouver (CIVT-TV) for "Justice in Jeopardy." An Honourable Mention in this category goes to Global Television (CKVU-TV) Vancouver for "Moonlighting at Taxpayers
- The Ron Laidlaw Award for continuing coverage has been awarded to VTV Vancouver for "The Heather Thomas Story." Global Television Vancouver receives an Honourable Mention for "Revelstoke Crash."
- The Dave Rogers award for feature reporting has been won by VTV Vancouver for a report entitled "Jade Bell."
- VTV Vancouver also wins the Gord Sinclair award for special events coverage for "Canada Votes." BCTV wins an honourable mention for "Never Forget."
- CFAX Victoria wins the Charlie Edwards Award for spot news reporting for an entry entitled "Firebug."
- The Dan McArthur Award for in-depth or investigative reporting goes to CBC Kelowna for "Builder from Hell."
- CKNW Vancouver wins the Ron Laidlaw Award for continuing coverage for "Jessica Russell Murder." An Honourable Mention has been given to CBC Vancouver for "Heather Thomas."
- The Dave Rogers award for feature reporting has been won by CBC Vancouver for a piece called "The Feet Lady." And CBC Vancouver gets an Honourable Mention for "The Heat is Off."
- The Gord Sinclair Award for special events coverage has been won by CKWX (News 1130) Vancouver for "NDP Leadership Convention."
- In the Sam Ross category for best editorial, the award goes to CBC Vancouver for "Hidden Racism." An Honourable Mention has been given to CFAX Victoria for "Two Tiered."
- And the Byron MacGregor Award for best radio newscast in a small market has been awarded to Mix 105 (CICF) Vernon.
Winners of the BC competition now go on to compete for the RTNDA National Awards.
They will be handed out at a gala at the association's national convention in Calgary, June 14th to 16th.
Back to headlines
Problems or Comments? Contact the Webmaster
Copyright © 2001 Southam Publications Inc.