Sony launches new version of its Vegas+DVD Upgrade offers integrated support for optimized HD productionMay 4, 2005
Sony of Canada Ltd., Canada’s leading supplier of electronic and computer products for consumers and business, today announced upgrades to its award-winning Vegas® nonlinear video and audio editing system and DVD Architect™ authoring program.
These two applications form the core of the new Vegas+DVD™ Production Suite, specifically upgraded for HDV, which also includes a Dolby Digital® AC-3 multi-channel encoder for 5.1 surround output. Both products retain the same progressive editing interfaces as their predecessors, but offer many technological advances that cater to production professionals involved with independent films, documentaries, corporate and professional event videography, as well as feature and broadcast productions.
Already an industry standard, Vegas 6 software provides comprehensive format support for DV, standard-definition (SD) and HDV. This application provides a future-proof migration path for production professionals who have invested in the standard definition workflows of today; ensures a seamless transition to tomorrow's high-definition (HD)-based formats; and offers support for a vast number of delivery and output options ranging from DVD to WMV HD.
“The Vegas+DVD Production Suite supports editing and high quality video processing for DV, HDV, and SD/HD-SDI, unparalleled audio capabilities, along with professional caliber DVD authoring and mastering,” said Sebastian Scala, Marketing Manager, Professional Audio, Broadcast & Communication Solutions Group, Sony of Canada Ltd. “Coupled with the wide variety of output and encoding options that Vegas and DVD Architect software provide, from CD to DVD to high-definition Windows Media, there's no better solution for production and delivery than what our suite provides today. It's truly ready when you are.”
The Vegas+DVD Production Suite is part of a full line of professional applications developed by Sony Media Software, a business unit of Sony Corporation of America.
New features in Vegas 6 software include:
· Comprehensive HDV support optimized for the new Sony HVR-Z1U and HDR-FX1 cameras and the HVR-M1OU HDV VTR deck;
· SD/HD standard digital interface (SDI) capture, editing and export using Blackmagic Design DeckLink™ boards;
· Enhanced multi-processor support resulting in faster renders;
· Superior frame rate conversions (ie. 1080i to 720-24p and 1080-24p WMV HD);
· Next-generation DVI/VGA external monitoring tools;
· Project nesting;
· Advance authoring format (AAF) import/export;
· System-wide media asset management;
· Virtual studio technology (VST) audio effect support;
· Broadcast WAV (BWF) import and arrange;
· Playhead timeline scrubbing; and
· Editing enhancements.
DVD Architect 3 software now offers:
· Support for dual-layer authoring and burning;
· Mastering to DLT, DDP, CMF;
· Content Scramble System (CSS) and Macrovision® encryption tools;
· Adobe® Photoshop® software (PSD) layer support;
· Multi-angle selection;
· Project playlists;
· Theme export;
· Jacket Picture creation;
· Smart-project re-prepare; and
· Media FX application.
Additionally, the Vegas+DVD Production Suite comes with three pieces of free bonus software: Boris® Grafitti Ltd; Boris FX Ltd. For Vegas -- featuring a professional-grade chroma-keyer and motion stabilizer; and Magic Bullet Movie Looks™ HD50, an enhanced version of the Movie Looks program that previously shipped with the suite. The new version supports HD resolutions, and provides 50 different presets that mimic popular television and movie looks.
Availability and Pricing
The Sony Vegas+DVD Production Suite will be available worldwide this month with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $895. Vegas 6 will also be available separately for an MSRP of $595.
Back to list
All content of the releases listed in the Press Room is the sole responsibility of the client.
Copyright © 2005 Business Information Group
All rights reserved.