Setanta Sports, The Home of International Sport, flips the switch August 1st. on the first international sports high definition channel in Canada with the launch of Setanta Sports HD.
The new HD service, available through participating cable and satellite providers across Canada, will serve up over 500 live and near live events in crystal-clear high definition. A free ten-day preview capturing the opening two weekends of the Barclays Premier League season, is available from August 13-22 through participating television service providers.
The first live marquee event on the calendar is the Communicty Shield between defending FA Cup and Barclays Premier League champions Chelsea and perennial league champion contenders Manchester United on Sunday, August 8th.
“The HD format significantly enhances the viewing experience for all sports. This is especially true for the free-flowing style of play in top-level soccer and rugby union matches”, said errol Hinds, General Manager, Setants Sports Canada. “With the launch of Setanta Sports HD fans will have access to the most high definition soccer and rugby coverage available on any channel in Canada.”
The HD broadcast line-up on Setanta includes the best soccer and rugby union available in this country:
· Barclays Premier League – over 200 live and near-live matches this season from the world’s most watched sporting league
· UEFA Champions League – coverage on Setanta of 53 live matches from the most popular club championship competition begins in September
· FA Cup – the world’s oldest soccer association championship is live and exclusive on Setanta. Coverage begins with the 3rd Round in January
· European Heineken Cup – the best rugby union clubs in Europe do battle for continental supremacy. Coverage on Setanta begins with the group stage this fall
· Super 14 – extensive live, weekly coverage of the top southern hemisphere rugby union clubs from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa begins in February