Sony’s family of HDV products for professionals features compatibility with non-linear editing solutionsMay 4, 2005
Sony of Canada Ltd., Canada’s leading supplier of electronic and computer products for consumers and business, today announced that its family of HDV 1080i products is not only being fully embraced by end users, but also by third party non-linear editing manufacturers and other leading technology companies.
These companies include: Adobe, Apple, Avid, Canopus, CineForm™, Edirol, Focus, Leitch, Lumiere HD, Miranda, NVIDIA, Pinnacle, Ulead and Vegas.
“The rapid marketplace acceptance of our HDV products for professionals has exceeded our initial expectations,” said Brian Young, Marketing Manager, Strategies/Prosumer, Broadcast Sales & Marketing, Broadcast & Communication Solutions Group, Sony of Canada Ltd. “In addition to phenomenal image quality and exceptional ergonomics, the key to our HDV system is versatility and backwards compatibility by down-converting to the DVCAM™ standard definition format. Users can upgrade from standard-definition (SD) to high-definition (HD) all at once, or they can do it when it makes the most sense for their operations and budgets.”
The compatibility of Sony HDV content with solutions from third party non-linear editing manufacturers and other leading technology companies is as follows:
· Adobe -- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 with the HDV update provides control of the HDV devices, video capture, and output of high-definition video via the IEEE-1394 connector similar to the native control already enjoyed for digital video editing. This makes high-definition video editing affordable and accessible to anyone;
· Apple -- HDV editing with Final Cut Pro;
· Avid Technology, Inc. -- NewsCutter® XP, Avid Xpress® Pro HD;
· Canopus -- EDIUS Editing Solutions: Canopus's line of advanced real-time, mixed-format editing solutions for HDV includes EDIUS NX and EDIUS SP. These solutions are powered by EDIUS Pro 3 nonlinear editing software to provide native editing and real-time processing of uncompressed SD, HDV, DV, MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 formats; and
· CineForm -- Aspect HD™ showcases real-time non-linear editing support for film applications using a 24P workflow originating from the CineFrame 25 mode of the HVR-Z1U.
In addition to this strategic non-linear editing (NLE) support, Sony's line of HDV products for professional also includes compatibility with solutions from:
· FOCUS Enhancements Inc. (NASDAQ SC: FCSE) -- Sony and FOCUS are jointly providing groundbreaking HD and DV solutions from the field to the editing room based on Sony's HVR-Z1U HDV camcorder and Focus Enhancements' FS-4 Direct To Edit (DTE) HD disk recorder. The unique DTE technology offered through FOCUS eliminates time-consuming, real-time capturing by allowing users to simply shoot and then connect directly to a PC- or Mac-based non-linear editing systems for instantaneous editing in the timeline; and
· Miranda -- HD-Bridge Dec HDV to HD-SDI Decoder.
Back to list
All content of the releases listed in the Press Room is the sole responsibility of the client.
Copyright © 2005 Business Information Group
All rights reserved.