Mackie’s New Onyx 80 Series Consoles are Now Available!July 26, 2005
by -- SF Marketing
The new Onyx 80 Series benefit from much of the technology developed for Mackie’s successful Onyx small-format analog mixers introduced in 2004. As such, the Onyx 80 Series consoles feature all-new analog circuitry, a full compliment of Mackie’s flagship Onyx microphone preamps, and the renowned “British-Voiced” four-band Perkins EQ.
The Onyx 80 Series consoles are offered in four sizes: the 24-channel Onyx 2480, 32-channel Onyx 3280, 40-channel Onyx 4080, and 48-channel Onyx 4880. All four models incorporate features that any hardcore live engineer will appreciate including eight Aux Sends with Stereo Link function for up to four IEM mixes; an Aux/Group Flip function; an 10x2 Matrix; four Mute Groups; eight stereo Aux inputs; and an optional rack-mountable redundant power supply. The master section and channel strip configuration are the same across the line; the mixers differ only by channel count and footprint.
In addition to the features set, Mackie invested significant resources to ensure that the 80 Series consoles are durable enough to handle pretty much anything that regular road use can dish out. Extreme chassis rigidity is achieved through a modular bucket design and the addition of several heavy-duty aluminum I-beam extrusions that run the entire length of the chassis. “Basically, a block of Onyx stone is going to flex before these mixers do,” commented John Boudreau, product manager for the Onyx 80 Series line.
Key Onyx Series 80 Series Features:
Channel Strip Features:
• Premium Onyx microphone preamps on every channel
• 4-band Perkins EQ with hardware bypass
• 48V Phantom Power, Mic/Line, 100Hz High-pass, and Polarity switches
• 8 Auxiliary sends with Pre/Post switches
• Auxiliary Send Stereo Link feature for IEM applications
• Direct Outputs on DB-25 connectors (8 channels per connector)
• 4 segment LED level indicators
• Smooth, long-throw 100mm faders
• Mute, and PFL Solo switches
• Balanced XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs, plus 1/4" insert jack
Master Section Features:
• 8 Stereo Aux Inputs w/ 60mm faders, 4-band fixed Perkins EQ and 4-segment LEDs
• 8 Auxiliary Send Masters with balanced 1/4" output, 1/4" insert, Mute and AFL Solo
• 8 Groups with 100mm faders, balanced 1/4" output and ¼” insert, Main Mix assign, Pan, Mute, AFL Solo and 4-segment LED meters
• 8 Aux Master / Group Flip switches
• 10 In x 2 Out Matrix with balanced ¼-inch outputs
• 4 Mute Groups
• Balanced XLR Talkback Mic input with routing to all Aux Sends, Groups and Main Mix
• Dual 100mm Main Mix faders
• Phones / Monitor section with Solo, Monitor and Phones level
• Main Mix to Monitor / Phones switch
• Big pair of 12-segment tri-color LED meters dedicated to Main Mix and Solo levels
• Power Indicator LEDs for +15V, -15V, +48V and +12V power supply rails
• Rude Solo Indicators for AFL and PFL
Onyx 80 consoles are available at SF Marketing Inc.
For more information on Mackie products, do not hesitate to contact
SF Marketing at 6161 Cypihot Street, Ville Saint-Laurent, Québec H4S 1R3.
Back to list
All content of the releases listed in the Press Room is the sole responsibility of the client.
Copyright © 2006 Business Information Group
All rights reserved.